- Scope and Application
In addition to setting out our Policy, this document also notifies you of the collection of your personal information via the Mobike App or when you contact us in connection with the Mobike App or the products and services supplied on it.
- Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, services requested, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information:When you use bicycle-rental services, we collect precise location data about the trip from the MOBIKE App. If you permit the MOBIKE App to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information:We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information:We collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: To facilitate our Services, we may communicate with you via call or SMS message through which we will collect the call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, your phone number, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information:When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the MOBIKE App wants permission to access certain types of data, for example, location, contacts, photo and camera and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the MOBIKE App seeks before you first use the Mobike App, and your continued use of the Mobike App constitutes your consent.
Please note that if you do not consent to the request, you may not be able to access certain features of our Services.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your MOBIKE account with a payment provider (e.g., Apple Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
- What happens if we do not collect your personal information The main consequences if we do not collect personal information of the kind collected in connection with the MOBIKE App, we may not be able to fulfil all of the Services.
Like many other online services, our Services use “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s device containing information about the user’s visit to a website (including this site). Our Services use the Google Analytics cookies which collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site and the pages they visited. For further information please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. This helps us improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can change your user settings in your browser to prevent us storing cookies on your device. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at: www.allaboutcookies.org. Your browser’s help function should also provide information on how to change your cookie settings.
By using this website, you consent to us storing and accessing the above cookies on your device.
- Use of Information
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent to such processing for the purposes outlined below. By ticking the appropriate tick box during the sign-up process for the Mobike App, you consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described in this Policy. You may withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing of your data prior to such withdrawal, by contacting us at email@example.com.
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- Information You Provide to Us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and use and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods and services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer and have given us your consent, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we (or any selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the sign-up process;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services. We will use this information:
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- to personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and advertisements.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of MOBIKE and other companies.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
- We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Sharing of Information
You agree that we have the right to share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With other users, as requested or directed by you, when you wish to share your profile and trip information to engage in social activities or to obtain a promotion code;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
- Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With MOBIKE subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties such as a claims processor or an insurer if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms and Conditions (https://mobike.com/au/terms) for Users, policies or statements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MOBIKE or others, or if there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, which may include an accident, involving you and a third party and such information is necessary to resolve this;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
- Retention of Personal Data
We shall retain your personal data for such period as you have an account with us.
- Where We Collect, Handle and Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Australia, to China and Singapore. It will also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When you sign-up to the Mobike App, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement during the sign-up process.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share it with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
- Account Information and Seeking Correction
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
- Access Rights
You have the right to request access to and rectification of your personal information by contacting us on the contact details provided below.
- Location Information
As referred to above, we request permission for the Mobike App’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Australian privacy regulatory authority, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC“), or directly to us on the contact information provided below, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your data protection rights. Current contact details for the OAIC are available on the OAIC’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you lodge a complaint with us we will seek to respond to your complaint as soon as possible.
- Contact Information
We may also seek permission for the Mobike App’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. Please note that the Android platform does not provide such a setting.
- Promotional Communications and Marketing
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Changes to the Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to this Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you do not agree with any revised version of this Policy, please do not continue to use the Services.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at Mobike Australia Pty Ltd Limited., at 50 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.